GiveTour.com. and its affiliates (collectively “GiveTour”, “We” and “Us”) respect your privacy. This Privacy Statement explains how GiveTour collects and uses personal data from visitors to its web and mobile sites that link directly to this Privacy Statement (collectively “Sites”).
What Information We Collect
We may collect information from you when you:
- Create or register an account, or administer your account
- Input, post, or upload information, data, or other content through the Services
- Submit questions, requests, or other communications to us via various communication channels
- Contact us for customer support or technical support
- Participate in any promotions, demonstrations, contests, surveys, or other marketing events
- Interact with other GiveTour users and guests on GiveTour Organization function
- Integrate third-party products and services with your GiveTour account
The information we collect from you including:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of Birth
- The content you provide on GiveTour services (all tournaments name and details of each tournament you provide including Tournament description, players/managers names, phone number of team managers, manager emails)
Actively Submitted Data
If you call us, send us an email, or fill out a form on one of our Sites, we use the information you provide to respond to your request or to otherwise communicate with you or assist you. If you make purchases through our Sites, we may collect data necessary to process your order, such as your shipping address, products ordered, and your contact information.
Passively Provided Data
When you access our Sites, depending on your opt-in choices, certain information about your computer or mobile device is shared with us, which may include the activities you perform on our Sites, the type of hardware and software you are using, (such as your operating system or browser), information stored in cookies, IP address, access times, the web pages from which you came, the regions from which you navigate the web page, and the web pages you access. We use this information to better understand the interests of the users of our Sites, to improve our Sites, services, and products.
We do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals in browsers as we are trying to provide a customized website experience.
We collect information about how you use the Services and your actions on the Services, including your IP addresses, browser types, operating systems, ISPs, platform types, device types, mobile device identifiers such as make and model, and mobile carrier. We may also use tools, including third-party tools, to collect analytics data. Some of this information is collected through the use of "cookies" and other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, session replay scripts, and similar technologies ("tracking technologies").
Our uses of cookies and tracking technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary. This includes tools and technologies that allow you access to our Services; are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security; and allow you to make use of our functionality;
- Performance Related. We may use technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Services;
- Functionality Related. We may use technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services, including, for example, identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party technologies to deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third-party sites.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Use of content
Use of Other Information
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, and how we use it depends on what we collect and what Services (or features of the Services) you use. These purposes may include:
- Fulfilling our Contract with You and Providing the Services to You. We may use information we collect for: (i) responding to requests or inquiries from you (including requests for customer support or technical assistance); (ii) providing customer support or technical assistance; (iii) contacting you to provide product updates, information about products you have requested or purchased, marketing GiveTour products, services and features that you may be interested in, and monitoring the performance of our advertisements and marketing efforts; and (iv) creating, managing, or administering your information and account, including identifying you with your account or the account of a GiveTour customer.
- Analyzing and Improving our Services Pursuant to our Legitimate Interest. We may use information we collect for: (i) deriving market insights, ways to improve the Services, and other business analysis or research purposes; (ii) customizing existing and future product offerings and other aspects of the Services to you and other users; (iii) securing the Services and our systems, and protecting your information and data; (iv) detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity; and (v) measuring interest and engagement in our Services and short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads.
- Providing You with Additional Content and Services. We may use information we collect for: (i) furnishing you with customized materials about offers, products, and services that may be of interest, including new content or services; and (ii) auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities.
- Marketing Our Products and Services. We may use personal information to tailor and provide you with content and advertisements.
- Legal Obligations and Rights. We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement: (i) in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; (ii) to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process; (iii) to protect the rights and property of GiveTour, our agents, customers, and others, including to enforce our agreements, policies, and Terms of Service; (iv) to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud; (v) to reduce credit risk and collect debts owed to us; (vi) to protect the health and safety of GiveTour, our customers, or any person; or (vii) as otherwise required by applicable law.
- Consent. We may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information, or with your consent.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Data. We may use aggregated or de-identified information for a wide variety of statistical, analytical, and Services improvement purposes. The aggregation or de-identification process prevents the information from being reassociated or identified with any one customer account, user, or individual.
- Other Purposes. We may use information we collect for our other, legitimate business purposes.
*We do not sell your personal data.
How We Share Information
We may disclose information we collect:
- When you ask us to, or otherwise give your specific consent (for example, by posting Content using the Universe feature, you consent to our sharing that Content with other GiveTour users);
- With vendors we engage to provide you with aspects of the Services, such as data storage, hosting, and payment processing;
- With third-party service providers who enable certain features or functionalities of the Services that you’ve requested (for example, by installing applications in GiveTour using the Apps feature);
- With vendors we engage to help us with marketing and email campaigns, to advertise, gain insights, and perform analytics into how the Services are used and how they might be improved (for example, we may share Customer Information with various social media platforms to engage in custom audience advertising or use third-party data enrichment services to match Customer Information or other personal information we collect with publicly available database information in order to communicate more effectively with you);
- With an employer or other organization on whose behalf you use the Services, that created a GiveTour account on your behalf, or that owns, manages, or is associated with the email domain for an email address on your account;
- As necessary to comply with applicable law, including governmental requests, law enforcement requests, and otherwise to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of you, us, or others;
- As necessary in the event of a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, financing, or other disposition of all or any portion of GiveTour business, assets, or stock;
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to provide functionality and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other legitimate purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types, the context of our interactions with you or your use of our Sites, actual retention periods can vary significantly.
We use TLS certificates, encryption, data access limitations, anti-virus software, and firewalls to reduce the risk of unauthorized access to personal data. No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network is entirely secure. Be mindful of security risks when you transmit personal data to us and when you post information in our public forums.
If you would like to report any security issues in any of our products, please fill out the form and required attachments and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Controlling and Accessing your Information
You may request that we update or delete/deactivate certain information pertaining to you. If we cannot remove some personal information, we will let you know why. If you have subscribed to marketing emails, you may stop the delivery by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the email received.
You also have the right to request how your data is processed and with whom we share it. Additionally, if you believe certain information GiveTour processes about you is inaccurate, you have the right to have this information corrected. We will endeavor to respond to your request to review the information we have on file for you within 30 days of receiving such a request. If you have questions, comments, or would like to make a request regarding your data or our Statement, past Statements, and data practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can refer your privacy complaint or dispute to the relevant state or national data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
Your Rights and Choices
If you are a Givetour customer, you have the rights described below with respect to GiveTour’s processing of your personal data.
Right of access and explanation
- You have the right to receive an explanation of what data GiveTour has about you and how it uses this data.
- You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data GiveTour has about you.
Right of rectification
- If you believe certain information Givetour processes about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have this information corrected.
Right to erasure
- You have the right to request to have your data permanently deleted by GiveTour.
Right to object
- You have the right to object to GiveTour’s processing of your personal data based on legitimate interests on grounds relating to your particular situation. GiveTour may continue to process your personal data notwithstanding the objection to the extent permitted under GDPR. You also have the right to object to GiveTour's processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Right to restriction of processing
- You have the right to request that GiveTour restrict the processing of your personal data in certain situations where you feel the processing is inappropriate.
Right to portability
- You have the right to request portability of personal data that you have actively or passively provided to us (which does not include data derived or inferred from collected data), where the processing of such personal data is based on consent or a contract with you and is carried out by automated means.
Users’ Data Deletion
Deleting an account is permanent. Once your GiveTour account is permanently deleted, you can’t restore your account. Before we permanently delete your account, you’ll have a 14-day grace period, during which the account will appear as temporarily deactivated. You have until the grace period is over to cancel the deletion.
Details about account deletion
We’ll delete your personal data from GiveTour account services within 30 days, except in a few cases where required for legitimate business or legal purposes. Some examples include:
- Information related to purchases, which we’re required to keep for financial reporting.
- Records showing that we deleted your account, which we may need to provide to regulators.
- Data that’s part of an active lawsuit, which we’re required to keep by law.
You have the right to submit complaints to the supervisory authority in your country.
Where personal data is deleted from
Your personal data is deleted from GiveTour services.
We’ll delete the following personal data stored in an GiveTour account from all GiveTour account services:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- GiveTour profile picture
- All Tournaments that you created on GiveTour
What’s not deleted
The following data is not deleted:
- Any personal data in content you or someone else created, such as names or email addresses typed into a page, comment of a tournament or tournament description. Tournament admins must delete this content manually.
- Your activity log or revision history when you are invited as an admin of a Tournament.
Delete the account
To request your data deletion, please follow these steps
- Facebook account If you create your account with Facebook, please follow this instruction.
- Email account If you create your account by Email or Gmail, please send your request via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Account appearance after deletion
During the grace period when the account is deactivated and permanently deleted, other users cannot see your name in product. The owner of a tournament which you are invited as an admin can only see your name account when they request to track revision history. When successful deletion, you will receive a notification email.
Cancel an account deletion
You can cancel the deletion before the 14-day grace period is over.
To cancel a deletion:
- Please send GiveTour an email to request deletion cancelation at email@example.com We will recover your account with 7 days. When successful recovery, Your account is now fully restored and active and you can log in to all GiveTour services.
To invoke any of these rights, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.